Finding the Right Treatment for Your Acne
One of the most common skin problems encountered in the United States and the entire world is acne. Normally appearing as an outbreak of pimples on the face, it can also manifest on the neck, back, chest, and shoulders. Many attempt to hide the blemishes but this is never an effective strategy. It also does not deal with the root cause and accompanying pain that comes with acne.
A consultation with Dr. John Codwell III here atRenuva Xperience in Houston, TX, will help you find the best acne treatment specific to personal concerns. Meanwhile, here are some basic acne management tips to help you.
Over-The-Counter Products for Managing Acne
Many readily seek relief from OTC products in hopes of treating their acne. Although relatively effective, the success depends mainly on the active ingredients of the products you have chosen, that is, if you have chosen the right product.
The active ingredients would either kill the inflammation-causing bacteria or remove excess skin oil to treat acne. Other OTC products help to increase the speed of new skin cell growth as well as the removal of dead skin cells. The most common active ingredients you can find in OTC products that make them effective against acne typically include:
- Benzoyl Peroxide. This destroys acne-causing bacteria, gets rid of dead skin cells, and eliminates excess oil from your skin. OTC products contain as much as 10% of this ingredient, which can help clear your clogged pores.
- Salicylic Acid. This ingredient helps in keeping the pores clear of oil, dirt, and dead skin cell buildup. OTC products have anywhere from 0.5 to 5% of this ingredient.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids. These are synthetic versions that come from fruits that have sugar. They remove dead skin cells and assist in the reduction of inflammation. They likewise stimulate the growth of newer and smoother skin.
- It removes dead skin cells to prevent clogging of pores and facilitates the removal of excess oil.
The Best Treatment for Acne
Finding the best acne treatment becomes crucial in the face of sudden breakouts, which can be incredibly frustrating. Despite sticking to a healthy diet, changing pillowcases regularly, using makeup that does not clog pores, and using anti-acne skincare products, you can still be a victim of acne.
Without the abundance of anti-acne products available commercially, it can be challenging to find out what is best for you. The good news is that if you work with your med spa in Houston, TX, you can be sure that you can be on the right path to finding the best acne treatment for your condition. This means getting the right topical treatments with more potent ingredients, effective skin healing, shrinking of pimples, and prevention of acne scars.
Skincare professionals will provide you with the best guidance on the type of lotions, oral medications, and creams to use. Your med spa can likewise suggest additional treatments like:
- Laser and light therapies for the treatment of blemishes
- Chemical peels for the removal of dead skin cells
- Surgical removal of large cysts
- Injections of anti-inflammatory cortisone